What to do before reaching out to me for help
- It would be really awesome if you would read the relevant blog posts and attempt it on your own first.
- Know what you are asking for and likely to get. Data recovery and carving can generate lots of data but it generally is a shotgun approach.
- Do the work once you have the data. I can't generate lovely time-indexed, cross-referenced, collated reports of the data. I'll just generally give you the data and expect that you'll donate some elbow-grease to the equation.
What I need to help you
- A description of the system (Mac, PC), the operating system (XP, 7), the relevant programs (Skype, Firefox). Version of the programs is a nice-to-have for me.
- The relevant files!
- Any information that would help searching data. Names of the parties, dates of events, locations, etc...
What I can promise
- My best effort to recover data
- Getting to the task of investigating as soon as possible (I do have a life!)
- Utmost secrecy... I will only share your information with you, no one else. Nobody but me will ever see it. I promise to delete all copies of data and emails once I've finished investigating and sent results.
- Discretion. I've been through this myself and I know how personally devastating going through this kind of event can be through my own experience.
How to contact me
- Post a comment to the blog and I will reach out to you. I moderate all comments and will not make any comments public that contain personal info like an email address.
- Email me at dead.nt.sleeping [at] gmail [dot] com
- I have put together a web form for a contact page you will be able to see on the top tabs of the blog. Here's a link to it anyway: Contact Form.
V/r - DNS